Frontier Welcomes New VP Dave Pandullo
Dave Pandullo is a new vice president with Frontier Capital and is focusing on investments in healthcare technology. We believe his background in investing, business and entrepreneurship are a great asset to the firm and our portfolio companies. We hope you will join us in welcoming him. Here’s a little introduction to his expertise and personality:
- What attracted you to Frontier Capital? I’ve followed Frontier for years and I’ve been impressed with how the team has built a unique and differentiated culture and investment philosophy. I was attracted to Frontier by the opportunity to work with great people who share my passion for helping technology-enabled business services companies build value and reach their full potential.
- What is your role with FC and what will you add to the team? As a Vice President with FC, my role is to help lead the sourcing, evaluation, structuring, execution and monitoring of investments. I believe that I bring a unique perspective to the team having worked on numerous transactions across a variety of industries, and given my experience helping to build and operate an innovative healthcare IT startup company.
- How will you define success in this new role? I define success by the performance of the investments that our team makes, as measured by the level of superior returns that we generate for our limited partners.
- Tell us some about your background: I started my career here in Charlotte with McColl Partners, a middle-market investment bank and moved on to private equity for Parthenon Capital Partners and Morgan Creek Capital Management prior to attending business school at Duke. During school, I helped start TouchCare, a mobile health company that enables patients to connect remotely with their doctors through private, face-to-face video calls via smart phones or tablets. Except for a brief period living and working in San Francisco, I have lived in North Carolina my entire life and have a bachelor’s degree in business administration from UNC-Chapel Hill.
- What allegiances do you hold? Although I was born and raised in Durham and have an MBA from Duke, for me, the sky is Carolina blue—I am a die-hard Tar Heels fan. I also pull for the Carolina Panthers and the New York Yankees.
- What are your favorite hobbies/activities?– I enjoy playing basketball, golfing, running, skiing and cooking, along with coaching youth basketball.
- What’s one place you’re dying to travel to?– I would love to visit Australia because I’ve always wanted to scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef.